Shreveporttimes.com - Weather - Calendar - Jobs - Cars - Real Estate - Apartments - Shopping - Classifieds - Dating

Thursday, December 28, 2006

There's something to be said for optimism


Every few days, Artis Cash calls to check if we’ve heard anything new in Patti Cox’s lawsuit against U.S. Rep. Jim McCrery.

You’ll recall Cash, Cox and Chester T. Kelley ran against the congressman last month and lost. Cox filed suit in district and federal court challenging McCrery’s residency. Cash jumped in at the very end, after the magistrate judge had issued his recommendations, and asked that the court declare him the winner.

In any case, Cash called me last night for the latest status report. Nothing yet, I said.

He was a bit exasperated since he was going out of town.

“You’ll have your cell phone with you. I’ll call you if I hear anything,” I said.

But that wasn’t the problem.

“I’m getting sworn in Jan. 3,” Cash said.

He needed to know if he should make his own airline reservations or if a plane would be sent for him.

I guess I shouldn’t be surprised by his optimism. This is the same person who answered his phone “Rep. Cash” throughout the campaign and had his candidacy photo taken in the style of sitting congressmen, with the U.S. flag behind him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home