Shreveporttimes.com - Weather - Calendar - Jobs - Cars - Real Estate - Apartments - Shopping - Classifieds - Dating

Monday, October 30, 2006

Chester, Chester, Chester...

I am almost terrified of Chester T. Kelley.

Well, not terrified--at least not totally. But I am a little concerned about his brazen stance against illegal immigrants.

The reason for my latest bout of fear? Has anyone seen his commercial where he likens illegal immigrants to "weapons of mass destruction" and simultaneously slings mud at incumbent congressman Jim McCrery?

WMDs? That's a stretch, isn't it? Yikes!

Almost every working stiff (myself included) wants to see people who come into our country work and pay taxes, etc. like we do. But I don't think illegal immigrants are here to kill us all, like "weapons of mass destruction" would.

But, maybe he really feels threatened. On the same topic he told Times reporters and editors, “I honestly believe with all my heart, that the American way of life, the culture as we know it is in serious jeopardy of being totally and completely obliterated. … There’s no doubt that moving away from the Anglo-European background that we move in a totally different direction from the way we think and the way we intend to educate and raise our families.”

Obliterated? Yikes, again.

I wonder if he knows we all come from immigrants of some kind. That's how our country was built, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home