Shreveporttimes.com - Weather - Calendar - Jobs - Cars - Real Estate - Apartments - Shopping - Classifieds - Dating

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Addendum to Campbell retirement


As news of Shreveport police chief Mike Campbell’s retirement spread Monday, Mayor-Elect Cedric Glover sent this press release on “Glover Transition and Inaugural Committee” letterhead:

“While I am disappointed to learn that Chief Mike Campbell has decided to retire, I respect his desire to do so. His service to the City of Shreveport has been a successful and honorable one. He is a wealth of knowledge regarding the department and I sincerely hope his retirement does not diminish our opportunity to gather some of that understanding. As to Assistant Chief Mike Van Zandt being named, first and foremost that is Mayor Hightower’s right and responsibility. I will be calling on Assistant Chief Mike Van Zandt soon. I know I speak for all of Shreveport in congratulating him and wishing him success as he leads the brave men and women who put their lives on the line to protect our families each and every day.”

By the way, it’s Mike VanSant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home