Shreveporttimes.com - Weather - Calendar - Jobs - Cars - Real Estate - Apartments - Shopping - Classifieds - Dating

Monday, January 15, 2007

License and voter registration, please


I don’t know if I should laugh or cry.

Michael Page Boyter, aka “Psycho Santa,” joined the race for state House District 1 last week.
“I’m the real deal,” he told me when I called to learn a little about him.

That he is.

He didn’t make any attempt to hide his DWIs or his conviction on pot possession – although he claims the joint in his pocket when he got busted wasn’t his, but he was too drunk to remember who gave it to him.

Now without a license, Boyter “needs some little helpers to drive him around while he’s campaigning.”

When I asked him if he had a head-and-shoulders photo I could run with his announcement, he told me to call The Inquisitor. They’ve run his mug shot numerous times.

Boyter-- who said his party of choice is Republican’t -- has never run for office before.

“I could have started at commissioner but I don’t want to waste my time in Shreveport. I just want to go on to Baton Rouge and meet everyone down there. I might run for governor.”

I’m thinking that might be just a little bit of an uphill battle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home